- Media relations
- Corporate communications
Visit Kent, the county's tourism champions
Leading by example
- Provide media relations support and consultancy to raise awareness of the importance of the tourism industry to the economy of Kent. Kent is one of the most popular visitor destinations in the UK and its tourism and leisure industry is worth £3.2bn per year and supports 63,000 local jobs.
- Raise awareness of Visit Kent and its role in supporting the county’s tourism destinations, attractions, accommodation providers, cross-Channel operators and other tourism-related businesses.
- As the public-private sector partnership responsible for promoting Kent as an attractive destination for holidays and events and enhancing the tourism sector, its infrastructure and product base in the county, Visit Kent is an important voice of the industry.
- Launch major Visit Kent initiatives such as the Kent Big Day Out, now My Kent Big Weekend, development of the Kent Greeters programme and the Pride Awards.
- Provide proactive and reactive media relations support and consultancy with local and regional consumer press and national trade press.
- Work with Visit Kent and cross-Channel partners to promote a £4 million plus Greet the World programme ahead of the 2012 London Games.
Results and highlights:
- Extensive media coverage locally and nationally regarding all Visit Kent activities.
- Maxim’s PR expertise and longstanding relationship with the media has ensured Visit Kent has a very strong editorial profile and is intrinsically perceived as the voice of the county’s tourism industry.
- Maxim has successfully played its part in establishing Visit Kent as the expert commentator on all matters relating to the health and success of the county’s tourism and leisure industry.
- More attractions, more free tickets for local residents, and more media partners year on year have been secured to support the Kent Big Day Out, to be known as My Kent Big Weekend in 2011.
- Supporting the expansion of Kent Greeters from the initial launch in Thanet, as a pilot and the first programme in Europe, to a county-wide project now working with cross-Channel partners.
- Working with stakeholders and opinion formers to raise awareness of the success of the Visit Kent as a highly effective private-public partnership, which is now recognised as an award-winning national leader among destination marketing organisations.