- Media relations
- Public affairs
- Community relations
Flying Start and Swale Forward
- Promote Swale as an integral part of Thames Gateway to the local and regional press and stakeholders.
- Launch Flying Start, an ambitious plan to create an aviation heritage centre, training and community facility on the Isle of Sheppey.
Results and highlights:
- Maxim managed the media relations for a series of economic development and regeneration initiatives for Swale Forward, as well as Ministerial visits.
- Focusing on Swale’s role in Thames Gateway led Swale Forward to attend the Thames Gateway Forum and launch the Flying Start project, as well as the ‘Planning for Real’ project highlighting the future of Queenborough and Rushenden which secured Ministerial and media interest.
- Flying Start, designed to celebrate the centenary of the first flight by a Briton in a British-built aeroplane, which took place on the Isle of Sheppey, was launched by Maxim. It secured strong local and regional support and received financial backing for a feasibility study from the BIG Lottery.
- Editorial coverage on Flying Start was secured in aviation interest publications, as well as the region’s lifestyle titles and local media including BBC South East.