- Media relations
- Corporate communications
- Reputation management
Business Link in Kent
- Provide media relations support to build brand and corporate awareness of Business Link, as well as to promote particular products in the local, trade, national, broadcast and online media.
- Input into a whole range of corporate communications products from annual reports, staff newsletters and customer magazines to case studies for EU-funded initiatives and programme-specific literature.
- Prepare and maintain a crisis management communications plan.
- Provide media training for key members of staff.
- Act as a first point of contact for all media enquiries.
- Devise and negotiate advertising campaigns on radio, in the press and via community outlets to reach a whole variety of different audiences.
- Purchase advertising in publications and media that would deliver core messages to the Business Link target audiences.
- Produce regular business-to-business magazines and newsletters, managing the relationship with clients, stakeholders, customers, designers, printers and the mailing house.
- Build and sustain relationships with key journalists.
Results and highlights
- Extensive coverage locally and nationally, in print, broadcast and online media with up to 300 press cuttings a month appearing as a result of Maxim’s activity.
- A wide range of corporate and product literature for internal and external audiences.
- Exceptionally high levels of brand awareness.
- Fully-booked business events.
- Advertising campaigns across a variety of media to support different Business Link programmes.
- Programme targets achieved and exceeded.
- Ongoing one-to-one contact with regional journalists and editors.
- Careful management of potentially difficult issues.
Maxim’s relationship with Business Link Kent lasted for more than a decade until the service’s demise in March 2010.